This article was compiled based on the experience and knowledge base of several reaction paper experts and it contains all key elements that are needed to be included in a successful reaction paper. To help you write one by yourself, the article assumes a general guide format and hopes to share some of the most critical tips and hint for writing a successful reaction paper. But what is a reaction paper in the first place?
A reaction paper is a type of assignment that aims at explaining and demonstrating your personal opinion on a given topic. Think of it like generating a conclusion for your main essay topic then adding your thoughts, experience, and knowledge to it. If anything seems unclear and/or if you need professional help, our team of experts is on standby to guide you and/or take over your assignment for you.
Important writing tips and hints
To begin with, it will be very important that you understand that the goal here I not to merely impress your instructor but to show them how versed you are about the topic and your prowess at explaining your opinion. Therefore, this provides you with a great platform for honing your analytical, writing, and researching abilities.
Before diving right into the main tips, here are the main parts that are essential for your reaction paper:
- As you might have guessed correctly, the introduction is the first main part of any reaction paper and you will need to give some info about yourself and your topic of interest. To be more effective, you should create and use an outline for your first draft. Also, consider using the sources suggested by your instructor as the main references for your work.
- The second part generally is the main body of your paper. This is where you will state your opinion regarding the main topic, and discuss your ideas. Just make sure to be as clear as possible when expressing your opinions. You could start by extracting the main problem and later focus on detailing it through a funnel-shaped approach. You might encounter a situation with more than one contentious subject of discussion and you should separately discuss them while incorporating your ideas around them. Target to relate the main problem being addressed to your day-to-day life and modern society in general. Extract outstanding arguments from the recommended sources and compare your point of view to the adopted theme.
Closing points and vital recommendations
Writing a successful reaction paper demands more than just several hours of devouring knowledge from several sources. It is a challenging process, as you have to find good arguments and relate them to your main opinion and theme for the reaction paper. To help you get started right away while following the right path, here are some vital recommendations to keep in mind:
- Pay keen attention when reviewing your sources and focus on memorizing its main points
- Highlight the main points as you review or jot them down where possible
- Establish your reaction statement/claim and support it accordingly with credible references